We Are Hiring! Process Chemist – Organic Synthesis
Basel - CH 4057
Starting date: The position is open starting June 1st, 2017 or afterward upon agreement.
In this position, you will design, plan and perform scientific experiments/plant activities for chemical synthesis development, route scouting, optimization and scale-up (up to Kg scale). You will generate and evaluate data, interpret and report results, draw conclusions and write reports. Additionally, you will actively participate in project management. The successful candidate is holding a Master or PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry and has > 3 years of practical industry experience in chemical process R&D and manufacturing. Specifically, you will provide support to the laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of laboratory processes:
- Perform multi-step small molecule organic synthesis experimentation (mg to Kg scale).
- Develop / optimize synthetic routes for scalable manufacturing from customer packages.
- Provide technical leadership as subject matter expert for projects.
- Manage process optimization, process review, and investigation brainstorm activities.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Master or PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Demonstrated laboratory skills and technical expertise in the field of process chemistry R&D (scientific publications / patent applications).
- > 3 years industrial experience.
- Experience in flow-chemistry and photo-chemistry would be an advantage.
- GMP experience may also be of advantage.
- Versatility in common IT applications (Microsoft office).
- Proficient use of scientific databases (SciFinder, Reaxys), chemistry softwares (ChemDraw, ChemInventory) and electronic laboratory journal (E-Notebook).
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy in experimental documentation.
- Good communications skills and fluency in English.
- Knowledge of German may be of advantage.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
What SpiroChem offers:
- A stimulating working environment in a fast-growing high-tech SME, with challenging projects and exciting internal R&D.
- The possibility for development and advancement within our dynamic organization.
How to contact us:
Send your CV including references and cover letter to Dr. Thomas Fessard at email@example.com.
Founded in 2011, SpiroChem AG is a Swiss fine chemicals company, based in Basel, Switzerland. We are specialized in the design, synthesis, production and commercialization of innovative building blocks for Drug Discovery. With cutting-edge know-how in drug design and proprietary process chemistry technologies, SpiroChem has become the ideal collaboration partner for large, medium and small pharmaceutical, agrochemical and life science companies. Our clients are located worldwide, including 16 of the top 20 pharma companies.